Please check the Health, Well-being, & Safety homepage or the Student Affairs homepage for hours, service offerings, and contact methods. For the latest campus plans, safety guidelines, and requirements, visit Campus Return.

The Student Disability Resource Center (SDRC) campus offices are operating regular business hours, Monday through Friday, from 8:00am - 5:00pm. This includes regular in-person staff coverage. Need an appointment with a staff member? The good news is you can meet with staff to happen via Zoom or in-person. To schedule an appointment call 951-827-3861 or submit a request through the Appointment Request Form. Plan to go to the SDRC offices in the Student Services Building? Please read this important information before you go!


Graduate, Professional, and Medical Education Students with Disabilities

Graduate and professional education is very different from undergraduate education, so the process for applying for accommodations is also a bit different. Disability-related accommodations are available to graduate and professional students through the SDRC, and services are private and free.  To apply for accommodations, please follow the steps outlined on Apply for Accommodations website. Review the FAQ below to learn more about accommodations for graduate and professional students with disabilities, or email for more information.


What type of disability accommodations are available for graduate student?

It depends. Because each graduate and professional program is unique, the type of accommodation and how they are accessed can vary from program to program.  This includes placements outside of the university that are part of your professional training, such as clinical sites, schools, etc.


I received accommodations in my undergraduate program, do I qualify for the same type of accommodations as I did in my prior program/school?

Not necessarily. History of accommodations may guide us in identifying what has worked in different environments; however, because graduate school is different, it is possible that new accommodations will be identified and approved, while other may not.  Accommodations are approved on a case-by-case basis.


I'm not sure if I want to register for accommodations at this level. Can I talk to someone outside my academic department about this?

YES! You may schedule an appointment with SDRC to consult about your options, learn more about what types of accommodations may be available for you, and the process to access them. For minor questions, you may email To schedule an appointment with our office, please call (951) 827-3861. Please complete the online pre-registration by following the steps on the Apply for Accommodations webpage prior to your appointment. Please make sure to provide completed UCR Certificate of Disability or disability documentation consistent with the UCR documentation guidelines when requesting accommodations.


When should I reach out to SDRC if I think I am going to need accommodations?

As you as possible. Due to the nature of graduate/professional education, some accommodations may require months of preparation, while others can be coordinated in under a week.


Can I get accommodations for high stakes exams, such as step exams, qualifying exams/comprehensive exams? 

YES.  However, depending on the nature of exam and where it is coming from, some exams can take months to coordinate. To discuss information or request accommodations on qualifying/comprehensive exams, please email  Email should include the program/department and the faculty in charge of this exam. 

The SDRC testing Center will add the course to the student's schedule and add the indicated faculty/contact person as the course instructor.  The format of this course will be similar to "PHYS Qualifying Exam 999 999." 

The SDRC will notify the student via email that a Letter of Approved Accommodations will be sent via R'Ability to the faculty/exam contact person, and the student will be able to schedule the upcoming exams with accommodations.  The SDRC will contact the exam coordinator to learn more about the exam and identify potential areas where SDRC may need to provide assistance.