Incoming/Admitted Students with Disabilities
Congratulations on your admission to UCR!
The Student Disability Resource Center (SDRC) is the first stop for all incoming UCR students looking for disability services. SDRC staff is available to guide you through the SDRC registration process and answer your questions. Services are free, voluntary, and private to all regularly enrolled students with a verified disability.
After Admission: Please submit your Statement of Intent to Register (SIR) by the stated deadlines on your MyUCR account. You will then be issued a Student ID number and PermPIN.
University Housing: If you are interested in living on campus, be sure to follow the important housing application/contracts deadline for students in your classification (first-year, transfer, continuing student, etc.), and be sure to complete and submit the housing application, including any associated fees, before the deadline. Students with accommodations are not given priority in the housing process. Housing applications are processed in the order received and a wait list will be created when housing becomes full. As such, accommodations requests submitted before housing has been secured do not move a student's place on the waitlist.
New Student Orientation (if applicable): If you are in need of an accommodation for orientation, please contact Highlander Orientation. If you would like to request access to priority orientation as an accommodation, please contact email@example.com to make your request, make sure to include your full name, SID, and if you are attending First Year or Transfer Orientation. SDRC will be housing workshops during Highlander Orientation.
Mathematics Advisory Exam (MAE) Accommodations (if applicable): You will have an opportunity to request accommodations when you register for the MAE placement exam. Provisional accommodations for the MAE may be approved with SAT or ACT accommodations approval letters, IEP or 504 that was implemented from your previous school. A disability specialist will follow up with you regarding your provisional accommodations for the placement exam. Please submit your disability documentation.
Analytical Writing Placement Exam (AWPE): Please contact the University Writing Program for questions about the AWPE.
Steps to Register with SDRC for Disability Related Accommodations
- Complete Online Pre-Registration: Go to the R’Ability website and log into the Student Portal. Select Online Pre-Registration to complete the online pre-registration and upload appropriate disability documentation.
- Make an Appointment with the SDRC: Call (951) 827-3861 and schedule an informational or intake appointment with a disability specialist. Please Note: If disability/medical documentation has not been received by the appointment time, approval of accommodations may be delayed.
- Meet with a Disability Specialist at the SDRC for an intake or informational appointment to:
- Discuss the accommodations or services being requested. This is an individualized process meant to identify appropriate and reasonable accommodations for the current educational environment.
- Review and discuss disability documentation, and determine if additional documentation is needed.
- Develop a plan for reasonable accommodations.
- Sign the Academic Accommodations Agreement form.
- Learn how to request access to approved accommodations.
Accommodations requests are reviewed using the interactive process and are approved on a case-by-case basis. Accommodations are approved based on the current program of study and may not apply to certain programs of study or transfer to other institutions. Accommodations approved at other institutions are not transferable.
For questions about admissions, please contact Undergraduate Admissions directly.