The mission of the Student Disability Resource Center (SDRC) is to promote an inclusive educational experience for students through the advocacy of equal access, disability and ability awareness, and empowerment.
Every student at UC Riverside deserves the opportunity to make the most of their university experience. That’s why UCR works hard to ensure that students with disabilities have equal access to educational programs and can fully participate in all aspects of campus life.
Important Things to Know
- How to Apply for Services
- How to Register with SDRC
- How to Access Approved Accommodations
- What Services the SDRC Academic Support Center (ASC) offers
- What do Faculty Need to Know Regarding Academic Accommodations
What is R'Ability?
R'Ability is an online platform that provides collaboration between the SDRC, students with disabilities, faculty, and note takers. It facilitates the following functions:
- Pre-registration for services for students with disabilities
- Quarterly accommodation requests for students to update accommodations and request accommodations for each course
- Accommodation letters for SDRC registered students to be sent to designated faculty regarding approved accommodations
- Requests from SDRC registered students to schedule course tests/exams/quizzes with accommodations at the ASC
- Faculty portal for faculty to view Letters of Accommodations and to confirm details about the test/exam/quiz scheduled with accommodations by a student for their course(s)
- Note Sharing for a student to voluteer as a notetaker and upload notes, and for students with disabilities to request and retrieve notes
- Calendar for students registered with SDRC to see their scheduled appointments and exams
As a student or faculty member using R’Ability for the first time, we have created some short, easy guides for you. Please click on the topic you wish to learn more about.
- Introduction to R’Ability Student Training
- R’Ability Training – Online Pre Registration
- R’Ability Training – Accommodation Letter
- Using R’Ability Student Test Booking
- R’Ability Training – View Your Calendar
- R’Ability Training – Quarterly Accommodations Request