Steps to Accessing Approved Accommodations
1. NOTIFY faculty of your approved accommodations
- Complete Quarterly Letters to Faculty Module in R'Ability
- select which faculty/class will receive the letter of accommodation
- select which approved accommodation(s) you would like to have access to for each course
- select Submit: a link to the “Letter of Accommodation” will be sent automatically to the faculty member
Please Note: This is NOT a request for accommodations, it’s only a notification to your faculty about accommodations you would like to have access to in their course.
2. REQUEST Approved Accommodations
- Test/Exam/Final with accommodations at SDRC Testing Center can be scheduled using the R’Ability Exam/Test booking Module. Please email email@example.com if you have questions about scheduling or taking tests/exams/finals at the SDRC Testing Center.
- Note Taker – Request via R’Ability module. If any questions about requesting a note taker, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Adaptive Furniture Placement: Complete and submit the Adaptive Furniture Request Form. It may take up to five days to process. For questions about adaptive furniture, please email email@example.com. Not available for remote instructions.
- Alternate Media/E-Text: Request Alternate Media/E-text formats using R'Ability Alternate Format Textbooks Module. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions. It may take up to three weeks to complete requests.
- Accessible Technology: Call (951) 827-3861 to schedule an appointment with the accessible technology specialist.
- FM System: Email the following details to email@example.com: class location, schedule, time, days of class meetings. Some classrooms do already have multimedia capabilities, so please utilize.
- ASL or CART Services: Email firstname.lastname@example.org. It may take up to three weeks to make arrangements.
- Housing, Meals/Dinning, or other type of accommodations: Please contact SDRC email email@example.com for guidance. Please visit the Dining Menus website for accessible nutritional options.
ACADEMIC INTEGRITY: Students who use the SDRC for exams, note sharing, or other accommodations are expected to adhere to UCR Student Conduct Code and Academic Integrity policies. Violations of policy may result in referral to the Student Conduct & Academic Integrity Programs office for possible disciplinary action.
Tutorials for R’Ability Online Services
- Introduction to R’Ability Student Training
- R’Ability Training – Quarterly Accommodations Request
- Using R’Ability Student Test Booking
- R’Ability Training – View Your Calendar