Steps to Accessing Approved Accommodations
1. NOTIFY faculty of your approved accommodations
- Complete Quarterly Accommodations Request Module in R'Ability
- select which faculty/class will receive the letter of accommodation
- select which approved accommodation(s) you would like to have access to for each course
- select Submit: a link to the “Letter of Accommodation” will be sent automatically to the faculty member
Please Note: This is NOT a request for accommodations, it’s only a notification to your faculty about accommodations you would like to have access to in their course.
2. REQUEST approved accommodations
- Test/Exam/Final with accommodations at SDRC Testing Center can be scheduled using the R’Ability Exam/Test booking Module. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about scheduling or taking tests/exams/finals at the SDRC Testing Center. ALL requests must be completed in R’Ability at least 10 days before scheduled exam date and at least 14 days before the final exams.
- For non-traditional exams, such as comprehensive/qualifying exams, or exams for courses you are not currently registered for, please pick up an Exam Request form from the SDRC.
- Note Taker – Request via R’Ability module. If any questions about requesting a note taker, please email to email@example.com.
- Adaptive Furniture Placement: Complete and submit the Adaptive Furniture Request Form. It may take up to five days to process. For questions about adaptive furniture, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Alternate Media/E-Text: Request Alternate Media/E-text formats using R'Ability Alternate Format Textbooks Module. Please e-mail email@example.com if you have questions. It may take up to three weeks to complete requests.
- Accessible Technology: Call (951) 827-3861 to schedule an appointment with the accessible technology specialist.
- FM System: Email the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org: class location, schedule, time, days of class meetings. Some classrooms do already have multimedia capabilities, so please utilize.
- ASL or CART Services: Email email@example.com. It may take up to three weeks to make arrangements.
- On-Campus Transport/Mobility Scheduling: Schedule specific rides online with Transportation Services. You can use this service for one week without SDRC approval.
- Housing, Meals/Dinning, or other type of accommodations: Please contact SDRC email firstname.lastname@example.org for guidance.
ACADEMIC INTEGRITY: Students who use the SDRC for exams, note sharing, or other accommodations are expected to adhere to UCR Student Conduct Code and Academic Integrity policies. Violations of policy may result in referral to the Student Conduct & Academic Integrity Programs office for possible disciplinary action.
Tutorials for R’Ability Online Services
- Introduction to R’Ability Student Training
- R’Ability Training – Quarterly Accommodations Request
- Using R’Ability Student Test Booking
- R’Ability Training – View Your Calendar