Steps to Accessing Approved Accommodations
1. NOTIFY faculty of your approved accommodations
- Complete Quarterly Accommodations Request Module in R'Ability http://rability.ucr.edu/ (see tutorial below).
- select which faculty/class will receive the letter of accommodation
- select which approved accommodation(s) you would like to have access to for each course
- Click Submit: a link to the “Letter of Accommodation” will be sent automatically to the faculty.
*NOTE: This is NOT a request for accommodations, it’s only a notification to your faculty about accommodations you would like to have access to in their course.
2. How to REQUEST approved accommodations?
- Test/Exam/Final with accommodations at ASC (Academic Support Center), use R’Ability http://rability.ucr.edu/, Exam/Test booking Module (see tutorial below), send questions to email: SDRC-EXAMS@UCR.EDU; TIME SENSITIVE: ALL requests must be completed in R’Ability at least 10 days before scheduled exam date, and at least 14 days before the FINAL EXAMS
- Note Taker – request via R’Ability module (see below), if any questions send email to SDRC-NOTESHARING@UCR.EDU
- Adaptive Furniture Placement: Complete and submit the Adaptive Furniture Request Form It may take up to 5 days to process. For questions, please send email to: SDRC-MOBILITY@UCR.EDU
- Alternate Media/E-Text: complete and submit Alternate Media Request Form. It may take up to 3 weeks to complete requests.
- Accessible Technology: call 951-827-3861 to schedule an appointment with the Accessible Technology Specialist.
- FM System send emails to MULTIMEDIA@UCR.EDU Setup: ensure email has location, class schedule, time, days of class meetings. Note: some classrooms have multimedia capabilities, please utilize.
- ASL or CART Services send email to: SDRC-ASL-CART@ucr.edu ; It may take up to 3 weeks to make arrangements.
- On-Campus Transport/Mobility Scheduling: schedule specific rides on Web: PARKING.UCR.EDU/MOBILITY/ NOTE: You can use this service for 1 week without SDRC approval.
- Food Accommodations, Medical Parking, Housing, or other type of accommodations contact SDRC via email SDRC@UCR.EDU for guidance.
ACADEMIC INTEGRITY: Students who use the SDRC for exams, note sharing or other accommodations are expected to adhere to UCR Student Conduct Code and Academic Integrity policies see: https://conduct.ucr.edu/ Violations of policy may result in referral to the Student Conduct and Academic Integrity office for possible disciplinary action.
Tutorials for R’Ability Online Services
- Introduction to R’Ability Student Training
- R’Ability Training – Quarterly Accommodations Request
- Using R’Ability Student Test Booking
- R’Ability Training – View Your Calendar
Other Campus Resources:
ADHERE TO ACADEMIC INTEGRITY AT ALL TIMES:
Students who use the SDRC for exams, note sharing or other accommodations are expected to adhere to UCR Student Conduct Code and Academic Integrity policies. Violations of policy may result in referral to the Student Conduct and Academic Integrity office for possible disciplinary action.