University of California, RiversideUCR

Student Access and Mobility Support   


Transportation and Mobility Services 

Mobility assistance: you on the go

If you are a regularly enrolled student with a verified permanent or temporary disability, Student Access and Mobility Support (SAMS) offers several services including:

  • Referral to On-Campus Cart Transportation

  • Orientation Assistance to the Campus and its Access Features

  • Wheelchairs, Crutch and Cane Loans

  • Overbed Tables and Lap Desks

  • Minor Equipment Repair/Help Finding Repair Services

  • Battery Recharging for Wheelchairs and Scooters

  • Referral to Van Transportation to Campus Residence Halls and Apartments

All housing and dining services must be scheduled in advance. Please contact SAMS if you need help or have questions.

SAMS Contact Information

(951) 827-3861

If you need an urgent ride to the Student Health Services, call Mobility Transport directly at (951) 827-3872. In case of emergency, dial 911.

Regularly employed personal care assistants (PCAs) are permitted to go on van rides if the PCA's presence is necessary for personal care or health purposes.

Please contact the SDRC for questions about disability parking permits and parking on the UCR campus.

More Information

General Campus Information

University of California, Riverside
900 University Ave.
Riverside, CA92521
Tel: (951) 827-1012

Department Information

Student Disability Resource Center
125 Costo Hall

Tel: 951-827-3861
Fax: 951-827-4218
E-mail: sdrc@ucr.edu

Related Links