Please check the Health, Well-being, & Safety homepage or the Student Affairs homepage for hours, service offerings, and contact methods. For the latest campus plans, safety guidelines, and requirements, visit Campus Return.
The Student Disability Resource Center (SDRC) campus offices are operating regular business hours, Monday through Friday, from 8:00am - 5:00pm. This includes regular in-person staff coverage. Need an appointment with a staff member? The good news is you can meet with staff to happen via Zoom or in-person. To schedule an appointment call 951-827-3861 or submit a request through the Appointment Request Form. Plan to go to the SDRC offices in the Student Services Building? Please read this important information before you go!
- Open up the Speechify app and select the plus (+) button.
- Select “Import Files” from the menu.
- Select your cloud service (Google Drive, Dropbox or iCloud) and log in.
- View and select the documents you want to listen to by selecting the plus icon (+) to add to your library.
- Open the Speechify app and tap the plus (+) button.
- Tap on “Scan Text” from the menu.
- Speechify will now ask to access your camera; tap allow.
- Next, select “Multi-Scan” to scan multiple pages, or use the “Quick-Scan feature for single page playback.
- Position the words inside the frame and capture images.
- When you’ve taken the pictures of the pages you need, select the arrow button.
- Here you can change the title of the audiobook and crop the pages to exclude any unwanted text such as chapter numbers or page numbers by tapping the edit icon.
- After cropping and editing, save the file to your library.
Using Speechify’s Chrome Extension
- Download the Speechify Chrome Extension.
- Select “Add to Chrome” and add the extension to Chrome.
- Create or Login to your Speechify account.
- Select your favorite HD voice and listening speed.
- A play icon will now appear next to the text on your webpage.
- Highlight or move your cursor to the text you want to listen to and select play.