Other access assistance: you on the go
If you are a registered SDRC student with a verified permanent or temporary disability, the SDRC may offer or coordinate other accommodations and services (as determined on a case by case basis) including:
- Classroom furniture accommodation needs
- Campus Housing disabilty-related accommodation needs
- Campus Residential Meal Plan accommodation needs (serious food allergies/heath-related conditions)
- Accommodations for students who are having significant pregancy-related health complications
- Student Parking Accommodations (medical parking permits only)
- Referral and certification of eligibility for on-campus mobility transportation services. For information or temporary use of on-campus mobiity transport please visit TAPS Mobility or contact 951-827-3872 or email@example.com. If you will need to use TAPS Mobility more than one week, you will need to be approved through SDRC.
- Do you have a trained service dog that assists with your disability while on campus? Students are encouraged to register with SDRC, to assist with services and advocacy.
- Students who would like to have an emotional support animal (ESA) on campus to mitigate a disabling condition must receive approval from the SDRC to have the ESA as an accommodation. ESAs are typically only considered for students with disabilities in campus housing facilities. Requests to have ESAs in other campus locations will be considered through the interactive process, on a case-by-case basis.
- Point-to-Point Shuttle Mobility Assistance: Takes students from the Campus Store to their nearby off-campus residence (must be in service area). If you require a wheelchair accessible vehicle, contact TAPS Mobility at firstname.lastname@example.org or 951-827-3872, with a minimum of 24 hours advance notice to schedule a pickup.
- View Campus Classrooms
- Campus Safety Escort Service: 951-827-3772. Sunday-Thursday, Dark-11:30pm. If the escort service is not in operation, you may call UCPD (951-827-5222) if you need assistance.
- UCR's Alternative Transportation Programs
Off-Campus Alternative Transportation resources
Get around town! A valid R'Card is your ticket to free transportation on any Riverside Transit Agency (RTA) bus. Several bus stops are located on or near campus. View RTA bus route schedules:
If you need an urgent ride to the Student Health Services, call TAPS Mobility Transport directly at (951) 827-3872.
In case of emergency, dial 911.
Please contact the SDRC for questions or assistance, at email@example.com or 951-827-3861.