Incoming/Admitted Students with Disabilities
Congratulations on your admission to UCR!
The Student Disability Resource Center (SDRC) is the first stop for all incoming UCR students looking for disability services. SDRC staff is available to guide you through the SDRC registration process and answer your questions. Services are free, voluntary and private to all regularly enrolled students with a verified disability.
After admission: Please submit your Intent to Register (SIR) by the stated guidelines on MyUCR account, you will be issued an Student ID number and PermPIN
University Housing: If you are interested in University Housing, ensure to follow the important housing application/contracts deadlines. http://housing.ucr.edu/get-housing/important-deadlines.html for students in your classification (first year, transfer, continuing student, etc.), and be sure to complete and submit the housing application, including any associated fees, before the deadline. Students with accommodations are not given priority in the housing process. Housing applications are processed in the order received, and a wait list will be created when housing becomes full. As such, accommodations requests submitted before housing has been secured, does not move students' place on the waiting list.
New Student Orientation (if applicable): If you are in need of an accommodation for orientation, please contact Highlander Orientation https://orientation.ucr.edu/. If you would like to request access to priority orientation as an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to make your request, make sure to include your full name, SID, and if you are attending First Year, or Transfer Orientation. SDRC will be hosing workshops during Highlander Orientation.
MAE Accommodations (if applicable): You will have an opportunity to request accommodations when you register for the MAE placement exam. https://arc.ucr.edu/placement/. Please submit your Disability documentation .
Provisional accommodations for the MAE may be approved with SAT or ACT accommodations approval letters, IEP or 504 that was implemented from your previous school. A Disability Specialist will follow up with you regarding your provisional accommodations for the placement exam.
Analytical Writing Placement Exam: For questions about the Analytical Writing Placement Exam, please visit https://uwp.ucr.edu/elwr#awpe
Steps to Register with SDRC for Disability Related Accommodations
- Complete Online Pre-Registration: Go to R’Ability Website at (https://rability.ucr.edu ) and log into the Student Portal. Click on the Online Pre-Registration to complete the online pre-registration and upload appropriate disability documentation.
- Call (951) 827-3861 and schedule an Informational or Intake appointment with a Disability Specialist. **Note: if disability/medical documentation has not been received by the appointment time, approval of accommodations may be delayed.
- Meet with a Disability Specialist at the SDRC for an Intake or Informational appointment to:
- Discuss the accommodations or services being requested. This is an individualized process meant to identify appropriate and reasonable accommodations for the current educational environment.
- Review and discuss disability documentation, and determine if additional documentation is needed
- Develop a plan for reasonable accommodations
- Sign the Academic Accommodations Agreement form
- Learn how to request access to approved accommodations
For questions about admissions, please contact the admission office.