Incoming/Admitted Students with Disabilities


Congratulations on your admission to UCR!

The Student Disability Resource Center (SDRC) is the first stop for all incoming UCR students looking for disability services. SDRC staff is available to guide you through the SDRC registration process and answer your questions.  Services are free, voluntary and private to all regularly enrolled students with a verified disability. 


After admission: Please submit your Intent to Register (SIR) by the stated guidelines on MyUCR account, you will be issued an Student ID number and PermPIN

University Housing: If you are interested in University Housing, ensure to follow the important housing application/contracts deadlines.   for students in your classification (first year, transfer, continuing student, etc.), and be sure to complete and submit the housing application, including any associated fees, before the deadline. Students with accommodations are not given priority in the housing process.  Housing applications are processed in the order received, and a wait list will be created when housing becomes full.   As such, accommodations requests submitted before housing has been secured, does not move students' place on the waiting list.

New Student Orientation (if applicable): If you are in need of an accommodation for orientation, please contact Highlander Orientation  If you would like to request access to priority orientation as an accommodation, please contact to make your request, make sure to include your full name, SID, and if you are attending First Year, or Transfer Orientation. SDRC will be hosing workshops during Highlander Orientation. 

MAE Accommodations (if applicable): You will have an opportunity to request accommodations when you register for the MAE placement exam. Please submit your Disability documentation

Provisional accommodations for the MAE may be approved with SAT or ACT accommodations approval letters, IEP or 504 that was implemented from your previous school. A Disability Specialist will follow up with you regarding your provisional accommodations for the placement exam. 

Analytical Writing Placement Exam:  For questions about the Analytical Writing Placement Exam, please visit


Steps to Register with SDRC for Disability Related Accommodations

  1. Complete Online Pre-Registration: Go to R’Ability Website at ( ) and log into the Student Portal. Click on the Online Pre-Registration to complete the online pre-registration and upload appropriate disability documentation.
  2. Call (951) 827-3861 and schedule an Informational or Intake appointment with a Disability Specialist. **Note: if disability/medical documentation has not been received by the appointment time, approval of accommodations may be delayed.
  3. Meet with a Disability Specialist at the SDRC for an Intake or Informational appointment to:
    • Discuss the accommodations or services being requested. This is an individualized process meant to identify appropriate and reasonable accommodations for the current educational environment.
    • Review and discuss disability documentation, and determine if additional documentation is needed
    • Develop a plan for reasonable accommodations
    • Sign the Academic Accommodations Agreement form
    • Learn how to request access to approved accommodations
Note: Accommodations requests are reviewed using the interactive process, and are approved on a case by case basis. Accommodations approved are based on the current program of study, and may not apply to certain programs of study, or transfer to other institutions. That being said, accommodations approved at other institutions are not transferable.

For questions about admissions, please contact the admission office.

Apply for Services

 Apply for Services
Learn what you will need and how to apply.

 Volunteer Note Taker Information
Help a student with a Disability by sharing your course notes

Academic Support Center

 SDRC Testing Center
These valuable services let you focus on learning